Thursday, May 19, 2011

Yellow Bus: A Lesson in Persistance

One of the goals I have is to be able have a more flexible work lifestyle, with my own business.   This is a goal because I want to spend more time with my family during the day.

Children are so persistent.  My son included.   Daily, he will ask me if next year, when he is in third grade if he could please PLEASE take the "yellow" bus home instead of the after-care bus that picks him up from school in the afternoons.  My current work schedule does not allow for that unfortunately because:   I work for someone else. 

Many of us are in this same situation.   But my sons daily reminder is a much needed push for me to GET IT IN GEAR and really start working on my business ideas.  This blog is beginning to evolve.  I started it with my best intentions, to serve as a possible forum for people to help each other out in their quest in entrepreneurship or any other major lifestyle change.  All for free. I did not add "ads" or links to affiliates.  Just plain help because frankly, maybe even selfishly I need it most of all. 

I have received very light traffic and zero comments, which is ok.  The light traffic gives me the boost I need to at least know that some are taking the time to at least glance at what I have to say. 

Truth is I am stuck.  Stuck on how to proceed and when I say "stuck" I really mean afraid.   My son is my touchstone.  His daily reminders tell me to keep going, to not give up.  What I want IS possible and I am being cheered on with my son's unjaded optimism.  He won't take no for an answer.  Smart kid.   I am hoping it rubs off :-).